Race and Ethnicity
Faculty in This Area
S. Frank Miyamoto Professor of Sociology
Blumstein-Jordon Professor of Sociology
Assistant Teaching Professor
University of Washington Presidential Term Professor
Associate Teaching Professor
News & Announcements
Events about "Race and Ethnicity"
- Louie, Patricia, Laura Upenieks, Christy L. Erving, and Courtney S. Thomas Tobin. Forth. “Do Racial Differences in Coping Resources Explain the Black-White Paradox in Mental Health? A Test of Multiple Mechanisms.” Journal of Health and Social Behavior.
- Jabbarli, Ramin. 2021. "Making and Transcending Boundaries: The Effect of Ritual on the Nationalism among Dominant and Subordinate Ethnicities in the Near East." M.A. Thesis, Department of Sociology, University of Washington.
- Louie, Patricia, Laura Upenieks, Arjumand Siddiqi, David R. Williams, and David T. Takeuchi. Forth. “Race, Flourishing, and All-Cause Mortality in the United States, 1995–2016.” American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Kennedy, Ian, Chris Hess, Amandalynne Paullada, and Sarah Chasins. 2020. "Racialized Discourse in Seattle Rental Ad Texts." Social Forces.
- Louie, Patricia. 2020. “Revisiting the Cost of Skin Color: Discrimination, Mastery, and Mental Health among Black Adolescents.” Society and Mental Health 10(1): 1-19.