Race and Ethnicity
Faculty in This Area
Blumstein-Jordon Professor of Sociology
University of Washington Presidential Term Professor
News & Announcements
Events about "Race and Ethnicity"
- Burt, Callie H., Man Kit Lei, & Ronald L. Simons. Racial Discrimination, Racial Socialization, and Crime: Understanding Mechanisms of Resilience. Social Problems 64(3): 414-438
- Katherine Beckett and Heather Evans. 2016. “Race, Death and Justice: Capital Sentencing in Washington State, 1981-2014.” Columbia Journal of Race & Law 6, 2: 77-114.
- Steve Herbert, Katherine Beckett and Forrest Stuart. 2017. “Policing Social Marginality: Contrasting Approaches.” Law and Social Inquiry, February.
- Burt, Callie H., Man Kit Lei, & Ronald L. Simons. (2017) Racial Discrimination, Racial Socialization, and Crime over Time: A Social Schematic Theory Model. Criminology Vol 55(4): 938-979.
- “Family surveillance: Police and the reporting of child abuse and neglect”. The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of The Social Sciences. Frank Edwards. Forthcoming.