Deviance and Social Control
Faculty in This Area
Events about "Deviance and Social Control"
- Katherine Beckett. 2016. “The Uses and Abuses of Police Discretion: Toward Harm Reduction Policing.” Harvard Law & Policy Review 10: 77- 100.
- Steve Herbert, Katherine Beckett and Forrest Stuart. 2017. “Policing Social Marginality: Contrasting Approaches.” Law and Social Inquiry, February.
- Rational Choice, Deterrence, and Identity: Modeling Life Course Transitions and Desistance. Ross Matsueda, PI, Elena Erosheva, co-PI. Funded by the National Institute of Justice 2014-R2-CX-0018. Project Period: January 1, 2014-December. 31, 2016. Amount awarded: $507,942.
- “Family surveillance: Police and the reporting of child abuse and neglect”. The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of The Social Sciences. Frank Edwards. Forthcoming.
- Hechter, Michael, Steven Pfaff and Patrick Underwood. 2016. “Grievances and the Genesis of Rebellion: AnAnalysis of Mutiny in the Royal Navy, 1740-1820”, American Sociological Review 81/1: 165-89.