Faculty in This Area
Events about "Justice"
- Katherine Beckett and Lindsey Beach. 2021. “The Place of Punishment in 21st Century America: Understanding the Persistence of Mass Incarceration.” Law and Social Inquiry 46, 1: 1-31.
- Katherine Beckett and Marco Brydolf-Horwitz. “A Kinder, Gentler Drug War? Race, Drugs, and Punishment in 21st Century America.” Punishment and Society 22, 4: 509-33.
- Multi-State Study of Monetary Sanctions. 2015-2020. Grant Funded by the Arnold Foundation. Alexes Harris, PI. $3,921,740.
- Harris, Alexes. “A Continuum of Legal Debtors: How Criminal Defendants Understand their Fiscal Debt to the Criminal Justice System.” (Paper in preparation for submission to a journal. Presenting at the Law and Society meetings in Seattle, May 2015)
- Katherine Beckett and Naomi Murakawa. 2012. “Mapping the Shadow Carceral State: Toward an Institutionally Capacious Approach to Punishment.” Theoretical Criminology 16, 2: 221-44.