Acting Assistant Professor
M.A., Sociology, University of Washington, 2015
Ph.D., Sociology, University of Washington, 2019
- Leibbrand, Christine, Erin Carll, Angela Bruns, and Hedy Lee. 2019. “Paternal Incarceration and Family Neighborhood Outcomes.” Social Science Research.
- Leibbrand, Christine. 2019. “Unequal Opportunity? Racial, Ethnic, and Gender Disparities in the Returns to Internal U.S. Migration.” Social Currents.
- Leibbrand, Christine Elizabeth. 2019 "Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and the Pursuit of Economic Opportunity in the Age of the Migration Decline." Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Sociology, University of Washington.
- Leibbrand, Christine and Kyle Crowder. 2018. “The Legacy of the PSID in Understanding Patterns of Migration and Residential Mobility.” The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 680(1): 172-192.
- Leibbrand, Christine. 2017. “Flexibility or Constraint: The Implications of Mothers’ and Fathers’ Nonstandard Schedules for Children Behavioral Outcomes.” Journal of Family Issues 39(8): 2336-2365.
- Christine Leibbrand, Catherine G. Massey, J. Trent Alexander, Katie Genadek, and Stewart E. Tolnay. “The Great Migration and Residential Segregation in American Cities during the Twentieth Century” Social Science History, in press.
- Christine Leibbrand, Catherine G. Massey, J. Trent Alexander, and Stewart E. Tolnay. “Great Migration’s Great Return? An Examination of Second-Generation Return Migration to the South.” Social Science Research, in press.
- Christine Leibbrand, Catherine G. Massey, J. Trent Alexander, and Stewart E. Tolnay. “Neighborhood Attainment Outcomes for Children of the Great Migration.” American Journal of Sociology, in press.
Summer 2018 Full-term
- Sociological Research on the Effects of the COVID-19 Crisis - May 11, 2020
- Christine Leibbrand Looks at Segregation and Life Outcomes in The Conversation - January 8, 2020
- Christine Leibbrand awarded the 2019 Graduate Medal in the Social Sciences - July 11, 2019
- Leibbrand and Tolnay's work on the impact of the Great Migration on second generation outcomes published in Demography, highlighted on CityLab - January 28, 2018
- UW Graduate Students at PAA's in San Diego - May 7, 2015