In the department wesite, we can link to a video clips or audio clips hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or SoundCloud.
- Material must be properly permissioned to use, e.g. photo release / image release / use releases on file with the department.
- To see if we already have a Release Form on file for these individuals, contact Liz Collier who maintains this file.
- Use the UW Release Form:
The UW has a catch-all form that should be used for all such media. It is written in such a way that one form can be signed by a person only one time, and we can use their materials going forward. They will not need to sign it every time we take a photo or recording of them. Get this form here:
- File Signed Release Forms with Liz Collier, currently the primary editor of the website. Liz maintains a file of all signed release forms on hand.
- Contact department staff to learn how to add materials to these media channels if you need help.
Embedding videos directly on the page in news stories or basic pages:
- Use the "Audio and Video" tab in the editing view of a page, and the site will automatically embed a small thumbnail.
- If you want a larger version, you can switch to code view and paste the embed code provided by YouTube (or other video host) into the Body.
Videos on the Front Page / Front Page Slide Show:
- You can't place a video directly on the front page in the Slide Show, but you can add a still and make the call to action button link to the video (on your site or on YouTube).
- Or you can embed videos directly on the page in news stories. Use the "Audio and Video" tab and the site will automatically embed a small thumbnail. If you want a larger version, you can switch to code view and paste the embed code provided by YouTube (or other video host) into the Body.