Establishing Your Ph.D. Supervisory Committee
Students request the establishment of the Supervisory Committee by:
- Completing the Petition for Appointment of the Ph.D. Committee electronically
- Printing the petition and obtaining faculty signatures (email agreement from distant faculty)
- Submitting the signed petition to the Graduate Program Advisor, who will recommend it to the Graduate School
- Note that the committee must include a GSR before it can be recommended.
Changing Your Ph.D. Committee
If a change in the composition of the supervisory committee membership is needed, the student should
- Confer with the supervisory committee chair and any committee member(s) they propose to add or remove
- Complete a Petition to Change the Supervisory Committee electronically
- Print the petition and obtain faculty signatures (email agreement from distant faculty)
- Submit the signed petition to the Graduate Program Advisor
The department will then recommend the appointment of or changes to the supervisory committee.